title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Old Audiofile needs help converting flas to Wav

Old Audiofile needs help converting flas to Wav

I just got the free subscription (for now)and if I am can figure out how to do this, I will get the Ref setup with Perfect Tunes. I have a lot of music I need to convert and load from CD's. I wasn't sure I would be able to get DB Poweramps to work, because I am not computer savvy. I am using Windows 10. I have music on a WD 4TB external HDD and most flies are Flac. I want to convert them to Wav and load them on a Seagate 5TB external drive along with my other music and CDs over time. I converted and loaded a few albums with DBPoweramps to the Seagate 2nd drive. After some failed attempts, I read some of the other post and used [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename] to get the album information correct.

The files loaded to the second drive and show up in the file folder for the drive with artist and information correctly converted. Using Media player MUSIC tab the music is loaded correctly.

The Problem!!! If I open the files from the Seagate 2nd HDD, that shows up in Media Player, it list all the music under unknown artist, only. All the albums show up converted in a long list without the album info. All it shows is the song number and song. What am I doing wrong?

I am not good with computers so please keep it simple if anyone can help.

Administrator

Re: Old Audiofile needs help converting flas to Wav

This is because the tagging standard for Wave is not that good, many programs do not read ID tags from wave files.

Thanks for getting back with me. I looked at the tagging shown under the Windows Help but I am not able to figure out how to access it. If I click a single song from the HDD I see the ID Tag and Convert after I right click the song but this is just one song. I see in the example ID Tags for Multiple files and I can't seem to find that file view. When I mark files from the Hdd to convert should they be shown in the area to the right of the file list?

Administrator

You need to choose a different audio format, your player cannot read the id tags from wave files.