title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping box sets

Ripping box sets

When I first used cd ripper a number of years ago I could rip cd box sets and, assuming the box set had five discs, I would get 5 directories containing the tracks for each cd. A few days ago I ripped a cd collection of five cd's and what happened was that I ended up with just one directory with all the tracks from the cd's copied there. So,for instance, I would end up with five track 1, five track 2 and so on. Anyone know how I can fix this? I was wondering if I have inadvertently clicked a button by mistake. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Ripping box sets

CD Ripper >> Green Options Button >> CD Ripper options >> Metadata & ID Tag

set 'Multi-CD Add disc to Album' as '[album], Disc [discnum]'

Thanks for replying. However, I do not seem to have the Green Options Button you refer to. I do have an "Options" button with a pair of red an yellow phono plugs. Also next to it is a "Meta" button but none of those lead me to Multi CD Add disc to Album choice. Have I got an old version?

Administrator

About a 6 year old or more version.

OK, thanks. I may upgrade but managed to "fix" this for the moment. Amending the album title by insering Disc 1, Disc 2, etc before ripping seems to work and I now end up with seperate files for each disc. I wasn't paying attention to that before. Not sure how much I would benefit from an upgrade as I rarely use it nowadays. Thanks again.