title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Perfecttunes versus Cambridge Audio's App.

Perfecttunes versus Cambridge Audio's App.

(a) After 12 hours running Perfecttunes, it discovered 20 albums on my NAS drive without any Artwork. I used the Fix option on all 20 of them, one at a time. It applied the album art I selected on all 20 of them. When I used the Cambridge Audio app on my iPhone to look at my Music Library on my NAS drive, it displayed most of my CDs with the album art of the last of the 20 albums that I fixed. (I have since re-created my NAS Library from my iTunes library using dbPoweramp). Is there a clash between Perfecttunes and the CA app?
    (b) Is there a quicker way of applying Album Art by selecting a single album rather than reading the whole library?

Administrator

Re: Perfecttunes versus Cambridge Audio's App.

The library is only read once.

If the Cambridge app is not updating then you might have to remove the tracks, check the app shows they are gone, then re-add them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    The library is only read once.

If the Cambridge app is not updating then you might have to remove the tracks, check the app shows they are gone, then re-add them.
    Unfortunately the number of CDs is in the hundreds.
    Why should the most recent fix of those CDs with missing album art corrupt so many albums?
    By the way, reading my NAS drive took over 12 hours which is why I asked if there is a quicker way of doing things.

Administrator

It is likely an issue of the NAS UPnP server, what is your NAS and which UPnP server are you using?

My NAS drive is a Synology DS216j 2 Bay Desktop Network Attached Storage Enclosure including WD 2 TB NAS Desktop Hard Disk Drive (Intellipower SATA 6 Gb/s 64 MB Cache) - 3.5 inch, Red
    I think it's all under the Microsoft operating system.
    I hope this helps.

Administrator

This is the program you need on your NAS (a decent UPnP server):

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/asset-upnp-dlna.htm

Try the Synology Free version. Then choose Asset on the Cambridge controller

You've hit the nail on the head! Yes, Asset does the trick. Thank you.
    On a slightly different matter: in iTunes I've added some missing artwork via its 'Album Info' option. It then displays correctly in iTunes. However when I use dBpoweramp to create that music on my NAS drive the album art is not then displayed on those albums I have altered. What am I doing wrong?

Administrator

iTunes does not write the art to ID Tags, it keeps it internal for it's own use only.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    iTunes does not write the art to ID Tags, it keeps it internal for it's own use only.
    Google Extract album art in iTunes for methods to save such art in file tags rather than iTunes data base.

Thanks, I'll have a look.