title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can TuneFusion sync iTunes library with bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on a USB?

Can TuneFusion sync iTunes library with bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on a USB?

I have a 256GB USB stick. To make it easy to scroll to the album I want to play, I’ve created bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on the USB stick set up so that each holds about 40 albums.

So the folder structure looks something like this
    a\a to add\Artist\Album
    a\ ade to ai\Artist\Album
    a\ aj to as\Artist\Album
    a\ at to az\Artist\Album

My iTunes library on my PC has a standard iTunes folder structure: Music\Artist\Album

Can I use TuneFusion to sync my iTunes library on my PC with the bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on the USB stick?

Administrator

Re: Can TuneFusion sync iTunes library with bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on a USB

You could set it to do:

a\r\Artist

where a is the first letter and r is second letter of the artist.

Re: Can TuneFusion sync iTunes library with bespoke alpha-sorted sub-folders on a USB

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You could set it to do:

a\r\Artist

where a is the first letter and r is second letter of the artist.
    Thanks. I've installed the trial version. I'm not sure how I would do what you suggest. I'm not an experienced coder. Do I use GRAB to take the first few letters from the artist name and use that to assign the files to a folder beginning with that set of letters? If you have time to show me one or two complete lines of script I'd really appreciate it. I have around 3,000 albums to put in folders and sub-folders, aiming to have approx. 40 artist name sub-folders in each level 2 folder (with level 1 being the 26 letters of the alphabet). Thanks again!

Administrator

Yes grab:

[GRAB]1,1,[artist][]\[GRAB]2,2,[artist][]\{the rest of your naming}