title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: tracks listed twice play once and ends of songs cut off Asset or App?

tracks listed twice play once and ends of songs cut off Asset or App?

running Mac OS 10.13.6 using Asset UPnP 6.2 and latest Naim App from IOS store

Some albums show up in the Naim App with titles listed twice. If I play the song it only plays once and goes to the next song and I skip to the next song so the files don't repeat but more often than not the end of the song that is playing will get cut off. If I look at the tracks in PerfectTunes or on my drive they are not doubled (I have run into that).
    I uninstalled and re-installed the Naim App thinking that might resolve it but it didn't. I played the files in iTunes to make sure they weren't corrupted or cut off and they are fine. Just playback on any album where song titles are listed twice will cut off the end of the song before playing the next song.
    Thought I would look here while I wait to get accepted in the Naim forums.

(Spoon, you solved the double title for me previously when I actually did have multiple versions of files. This isn't the case this time. I have searched for multiples of the titles and they don't show up and they don't play twice.)

Administrator

Re: tracks listed twice play once and ends of songs cut off Asset or App?

How many albums show with double tracks?

In PerfectTUNES open ID Tag and choose browse by metadata, see if there are duplicated entries that way.

Re: tracks listed twice play once and ends of songs cut off Asset or App?

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry I am so slow getting back to you. I can't say how many albums show up with double tracks. It seems random. I found five or six but I have over 2500 albums. I don't show doubles on the hard drive or in iTunes and iTunes will play the complete song. Going through the Naim app with Asset the ends of some songs was getting cut off. There are also instances (I have found at least two so far) where an via Naim app only lists one song but PerfectTunes lists all the songs. All of the songs show up in iTunes and all play. I am running browse by metadata now but it looks like that is going to take awhile. Let you know if I find anything. Thanks again.