Hi,

So I'm just starting to get my feet wet with CD Ripping and all the happy extras that come with it. Currently considering a dbPoweramp purchase after the trial expires.

I'm currently puzzled by how tags are handled across softwares and the apparent lack of consistency between them.

For example, I've just ripped a Stan Getz CD with dbPoweramp. The following "special" tags have been automatically detected : Label, Catalog *. I've also asked dbPoweramp to include ReplayGain tags in the files, as well as length, encoder among others.

What I don't get is why those "special" tags don't seem to be properly recognised in another tagging software like Yate (i'm on Mac).

The fields dedicated to this information are hopelessly empty in Yate, and everything seems to be grouped into the "user defined texts". See attached screenshots.

I would expect at least Catalog *, length, label to be populated in the dedicated fields.

How come? Is there no standard for these tags? Are dbPoweramp or Yate not compliant to the standards ?

I would appreciate if you could help the novice that I am :-)

Thanks !

Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 19.59.00.jpg
Screenshot 2019-04-12 at 19.58.46.jpg