title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I send stream to a wired (ethernet) streamer/DAC?

Lightbulb How do I send stream to a wired (ethernet) streamer/DAC?

I have Asset running on a MacBook Air connected directly to an ARCAM AIRDAC over ethernet. When running iTunes, I can send choose to send the output stream directly to the AIRDAC over ethernet (alternative is the computer audio). Using Asset I have no choice other than to stream to my Android phone, which then streams to the AIRDAC via Chromecast - with transcoding from ALAC to FLAC in either the phone or the Asset. (or at least that is what I think is happening).

So my question is whether I should be able, in Asset, to send the stream direct from the MacBook to the AirDAC over ether net - as I can with iTunes? I can find no controls that appear to make that possible.

Administrator

Re: How do I send stream to a wired (ethernet) streamer/DAC?

The AirDAC is upnp enabled so you would need a UPnP Controller, to select the AirDac and then select the tracks. If you have Windows then look here:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...-Asset-Control

Re: How do I send stream to a wired (ethernet) streamer/DAC?

Thanks very much - I am using a Mac and so have looked around for a Mac based uPnP controller and have come up with Songbook and BubbleUPnP Server. I'll try these...