title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper saving artwork to desktop

CD Ripper saving artwork to desktop

Hello!

I'm back chipping away at re-ripping our CD collection to lossless, and I've noticed that with each rip, the album artwork is saved to my desktop. I haven't changed anything except I've added mp3 to the multi encoder, since our vehicle's SD card reader only decodes mp3. It is my first time using the newest version. I was two versions out of date.

It is no big deal, and I'm sure it is something I'm doing, but I'm wondering if I can stop that process.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper saving artwork to desktop

Do you rip to a folder on the desktop?

Dat Ei

Thanks for responding.

I don't... that's what kind of weird. I checked ID Tag DSP, and the only encoder that is exporting artwork at all is FLAC, and it goes to the sub folder.

Thanks!

John

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey John,

I know this effect from the batch converter in combination with the multi encoder. Spoon said that he is aware of this problem. Maybe you see a similar problem too.

Dat Ei

Administrator

Which DSP Effects are you using?

dBpoweramp Guru

Hey Spoon,

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Which DSP Effects are you using?
    concerning my case: I convert flac files with embedded album arts with the multi encoder into 4 different mp3 types. For all conversions I use the lame encoder and the DSPs "ReplayGain" and "ID Tag Processing". Within the "ID Tag Processing" I use "Manipulation" to resize the album art (max pixel size and max file size). For one of those DSPs I export the album art to "Folder.jpg" additionally. After the conversion this file "Folder.jpg" can be found not only as specified in the target directory of the conversion, but in the parent folder of the source directory too. I think, the export of ID Tag Processing in combination with the multi encoder is the problem. If you need that file temporarely during the conversion, it would be fine if it could be deleted at the end of the conversion automatically.

Dat Ei

Administrator

Noted