title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Losing Rating after using ID Tag Update Please Help

Losing Rating after using ID Tag Update Please Help

I am trying to remove all replay gain settings in my music files, so I am using ID Tag Update. I have selected under deletions "ALL EXCEPT" then the fields I want to retain, with RATINGS being one of the "ALL EXCEPT". It works well except all the files that have a bomb rating from MediaMonkey are left blank or probably 0. Files with a rating of 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5 or 5 are retained. I read in one of the other posts that Spoon answered that music converter is based on a 10 rating system, so it is probably converting the bomb rating to zero. If this is the case, why is it even changing the rating if it is one of the selections not to touch? Is this a bug or the way the program should work?
    If this is the way it works, can a request be made to recognize the bomb rating from MediaMonkey? On the other hand, is there a better way to remove all the replay gain settings?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Losing Rating after using ID Tag Update Please Help

Can I ask why you want to remove the replay gain tags? If your renderer/server can apply them it can also turn it off if you want.

I want to remove them because I received a bunch of files from a relative that where done on his system, I don't really know if it makes a difference but I find a big difference with files created on my system. So I would like to remove them all to a flat status and then reapply with my files.

Administrator

You do not have to remove them to reapply, simply process replaygain again (you can use the utility codec without re-encoding) and it will calculate the new values.

Thanks Spoon. Sorry I did not reply sooner, I have not been well.