title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ; semi-colon truncating when using Converter

; semi-colon truncating when using Converter

Hi Spoon, all,

I have browsed the forum and although I have seen the semi-colon issue in tags I have not seen any posts with my problem.

I have recently moved to Roon and am fiddling around with new tags I was not able to add in iTunes. I currently use ALAC files exclusively and am on macOS Mojave using dBpa 16.5.

If I need to amend a tag in an ALAC file after I have added it to my Roon music library I right-click on it and choose "Edit with dBpa". The edit window launches and I add (in this case) two remixers separated by semi-colon. See image 1 below:

Image 1
    [IMG][/IMG]

I click ok to apply it but when launching the Edit window again the last remixer's name has disappeared see Image 2 below.

Image 2
    [IMG][/IMG]

Is this a tagging limitation? I have replicated this issue in- and outside of my Roon library. Roon does not alter any files anyway however.

Many thanks
    Nubben

Administrator

Re: ; semi-colon truncating when using Converter

Looks like a bug, will look ASAP.

Re: ; semi-colon truncating when using Converter

Hi Spoon!

Many thanks for that. It could be the ALAC code that's causing this as I have tagged a couple of FLAC files and those tags stick? But NOT on the ALAC files applying the same tags.

Nubben
    Last edited by Nubben; 04-04-2019 at 05:55 PM.