title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Windows - Device Timeout and CoreConverter.exe - Delayed Write Failed

Windows - Device Timeout and CoreConverter.exe - Delayed Write Failed

I've been ripping CDs in uncompressed FLAC for a few weeks now with no issues.

I have a Dell XP13 with a SIIG docking station which has the external harddrive and CD drive connected to it, along with the monitor and the little stick so I have a wireless mouse and keyboard.

I also had a DAC connected to the SIIG, but last night, having purchased a newer, better DAC, I connected it to the SIIG and removed the old DAC.

The new DAC worked at first, then a few minutes later it was not recognized by the computer.

I bring this up because that's about when I started having issues with the dbPoweramp ripping CDs.

All of sudden it gave several different error codes: CoreConverter.exe - Delayed Write Failed and Windows - Device Timeout.

The ripper will rip a few tracks, then it'll get stuck at, like, 99% done and stay stuck there. It seems like it's jammed up somehow and I have go to task manager to get it to shut down.

I've tried unplugging and replugging all the components in different USB slots but the issue remains. I've disabled Windows Media Player thinking that might solve the issue but no luck.

This is frustrating and need your suggestions.

Thanks,

Mamoru

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Windows - Device Timeout and CoreConverter.exe - Delayed Write Failed

Did you check the drive letter assignments for the drives?

Dat Ei

Administrator

Re: Windows - Device Timeout and CoreConverter.exe - Delayed Write Failed

The issue seems to be your USB system is not functioning correctly anymore (could be hardware fault, or software, such as a driver). For dBpoweramp it is a easy fix, rip to you local HDD, however when you try to manually copy the files to the USB drive you will likely see the error as well.