title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

other mp3Pro conversion bitrates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unregistered

other mp3Pro conversion bitrates

I would like to see a codec to convert to 32/32 Mp3Pro. I broadcast an internet radio station on Live365 and the software takes a great deal of time to convert mp3's to this format because it requires the original to be 128k or it will not convert. So I would like to see this implemented to cut the time it takes to get the music converted.
  • Tomb
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jun 2003

Re: other mp3Pro conversion bitrates

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I would like to see a codec to convert to 32/32 Mp3Pro. I broadcast an internet radio station on Live365 and the software takes a great deal of time to convert mp3's to this format because it requires the original to be 128k or it will not convert. So I would like to see this implemented to cut the time it takes to get the music converted.
    As far as I am aware the mp3 codec uses the free Thomson Player's mp3 pro codec which is restricted to 64kbs. There is not a lot Spoon can do about that.

Comment

• Unregistered

Why not using the MP3PRO plugin for Nero, that allow bitrates from 24 to 96 kbps ? Or a similar technology ?
      64 kbps is not a very good quality, 96 is better (equals to 192 kbps from a normal mp3).

Comment

• DeX
        • Jun 2004

i got a big ? for yall:
        will a normal mp3 player (walkman) play mp3PRO filez????
        i'm really interested in that.....

Comment

• Unregistered

Originally posted by DeX
          i got a big ? for yall:
          will a normal mp3 player (walkman) play mp3PRO filez????
          i'm really interested in that.....
          Both my Sony mp3/Atrac3 Walkman and my RCA Lyra 64mb mp3 player will read them, but I find my RCA has more of a problem with them then my walkman even though it advertises it can read mp3pro

Also if you want a mp3pro with more functionality you could try MusicMatch, only thing I don't like about MusicMatch is it doesn't including a WMA encoder, only MP3, WAV and MP3pro

Comment

• DeX
            • Jun 2004

Danke very much! :komisch9:

Comment

• Unregistered

64kbps mp3pro will only get quality near 128kbps mp3 if the player support mp3pro as it will enhance its sampling rate to 44.1khz, but the quality is still below my expectation. If you all guys really hear them compare the quality, definitely 128kbps mp3 is better than 64kbps mp3pro. 96kbps also not satisfy my hearing manner!

Comment

• Unregistered

hi all how do you convert stuff into a 96bps in mp3pro format if the thompson encoder is limited to only 64?!?! please help!! cheers

Comment

• Unregistered

use musicmatch

Comment

Working...

]]>