title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CD Writer errors

CD Writer errors

When I try to convert & burn files ie:Wave, ape, to a cd I keep getting an error at the end of the burn "error occured while closing track, disk is not written" the disk will not play but it is closed.I have tried different *'s of files , different file extensions,changing the burn speed nothing works I am using ImitationCD-r 80 min, my burner is a Pioneer DVR 105, I have used a few different programs and they have all worked fine. At a loss , any ideas?
    Thanx, :confused: :confused: Keith

Administrator

Re: CD Writer errors

What happens if you burn 70 minutes worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    What happens if you burn 70 minutes worth?
    Thanks for the response , I have tried burning about 89% of a 80 min cd and tried different amounts after that ie. 70 % , 50% , 20% same error. I have not tried a 70 min cd.

Administrator

The 105 is a DVD writer as well?

Lightbulb Re: CD Writer errors

Just wanted to let you know...
    I had a similar problem a week or so ago and was all set to go the forum when first decided to do some research. Turns out an xp site I'd visited (grc.com - xp patches / fixes) had 'invaded' The Box - pop-up spam, plus I started burning coasters instead of CD's!!! Had to do a System Restore to a date prior to visiting their site. Fortunately, could backtrace w/ firewall - - or I'd never have found it!

I have exhuasted every troubleshooting idea I have ,I have even tried burning only a few songs at every write speed I have from 2x to 16 x and everything in between. Same results , it says that it writes and closes every track , then the last track writes and closes and it proceeds to close the disk,then the error pops up that states "CD drive error , While closing, the track was never completed, Audio disk has not been written" when I do a properties on the disk it shows no bytes on the disk or none aval. and no players on my computer or other players recognize it. But I can use Music Match , Creative , Nero , or Sony 's software and burn disks all day long. ????
    Spoon , I did register my copy of CDwriter, but in my menu under all programs , it has an option under dbamp to register CD writer, could that have something to do with this? Man, now that I have been using db amp I do not want to use any of those other programs. Any help would be appreciated VERY MUCH thanx Keith Baran

Administrator

To check if CD Writer is registered run 'dMC Configuration', are you able to install the latest firmware for the DVD drive?

thanx for responding,
    under config: dmc release 10 beta three
    Power Pac Release 3 Registered: Yes
    dbpowerampcdwriter Release 1.1

but nothing under that

I do have in MY Zipped folder a file that is call dbpowerampcdwriter- registered.
    Should I uninstall cd writer , unzip and install the one in my zipped folder. My order number for this purchase was U4760135 Feb/15/2004 Will I still be registered?

Administrator

Ah right, on that page it does not show if it is registered or not. To tell if it is registered, run 'dBpowerAMP CD Writer' and if it is NOT registered it will say [Unregistered] on the title.

I launch cdwriter and in the title "dbpowerAMP cd writer" so I guess it is the registered version?Oh , by the way I did check firmware update and I am running the current version for the Pioneer 105.I'm at a loss?????

Spoon, Hi, I tried burning MP3 disc , 80 min cd, 11 songs, it worked. so I went back and tried an audio disk again, to make a long story short I figured out if I use only 70% of disk space, and leave 30% free it completes the closing of the disk regardless of the format type of the disk. I tried using 75% of disk space , and it gives the error message " CD drive error , While closing, the track was never completed, Audio disk has not been written" . Any Ideas?? Thanx :confused: :confused:

Administrator

That is odd, according to your earlier message:

Thanks for the response , I have tried burning about 89% of a 80 min cd and tried different amounts after that ie. 70 % , 50% , 20% same error. I have not tried a 70 min cd.
    Has something changed between those two burnings?

Unregistered

I ran the install again ( I did not unistall prior to doing this)and then tried burning the MP3 disk (which I had never trird) , other than that nothing different.

The prior post was mine , forgot to log in

Administrator

I don't really have any ideas what it can be, you say you have tried a different brand of CD-R and even lowered the burning speed to 4x