title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Writer errors

Re: CD Writer errors

Spoon, I know I have beat this issue to death but I discovered something interesting and I'm hoping this might help find the solution to this problem. I just used a cd-rw and tried the same procedures as in previous attempts to write to a cd. It worked every time, then I put a cd-r back in and I get the same error as in the previous posts????? Also if I were to completley uninstall cd writer when i reinstall the zipped file that was uploaded to me after I payed my registration, will it still recognize me as registered?? If not what do I need to do to be registered again, I used the converter prog a lot. thanx Keith baran

Administrator

If you drop me an email with your full name a registered install can be given:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/email.htm

I tried removing the original registered CD writer, and installing the new one you sent . Same problem,I just tried burning a CD with about 50 min of music on a 80 min CD, every track shows "writing track" then "closing track"all the way until the last function "closing disk" then after a few seconds the error "CD drive error while closing Audio disk has not been written" but the CD has data on it , it's just not closed, but I can pop in a cd-rw and it will work perfect or I tried doing a CD to CD convert, like a disk copy using a CD-r and that worked perfect also.
    I have tried converting waves,monkey audio, MP3's to audio CD and that error occurs every time, unless I use only about 20 minutes of a 80 min CD. Then it works fine. I have several other programs that I use to burn CD's music match, Nero, Sony, Creative and they work fine? Even though they work, do you think it could be a drive/ software compatibility issue? I just don't understand?? :(
    Thanx for giving it another shot... This program still Rocks!!!

Administrator

At this stage, all I can offer is a refund for CD Writer.

Smile Re: CD Writer errors

No refund necessary. I'll keep messing around with it. The money spent is well worth the time you put into this project, I would however like to be a candidate for any Beta test of any new versions just in case something changes or I get a new computer or something.

Hey Spoon,
    Favor to ask, I was never able to get CD writer to work, so I formatted my hard drive and started from scratch, I first loaded db amp player, then my registered version of Power PAC, then CD writer, the problem is, when I check config to see versions, it shows that my CD writer is not registered. Power PAC is, but not CD writer, I had saved the registered copies that were sent to me and used those to install. I can not figure out why Power PAC shows registered and CD writer does not. I can provide you with all the invoice numbers and dates of purchase, Thanks for all your help....Keith Baran

Quote Originally Posted by keithbaran
    I tried removing the original registered CD writer, and installing the new one you sent . Same problem,I just tried burning a CD with about 50 min of music on a 80 min CD, every track shows "writing track" then "closing track"all the way until the last function "closing disk" then after a few seconds the error "CD drive error while closing Audio disk has not been written" but the CD has data on it , it's just not closed, but I can pop in a cd-rw and it will work perfect or I tried doing a CD to CD convert, like a disk copy using a CD-r and that worked perfect also.
    I have tried converting waves,monkey audio, MP3's to audio CD and that error occurs every time, unless I use only about 20 minutes of a 80 min CD. Then it works fine. I have several other programs that I use to burn CD's music match, Nero, Sony, Creative and they work fine? Even though they work, do you think it could be a drive/ software compatibility issue? I just don't understand?? :(
    Thanx for giving it another shot... This program still Rocks!!!
    I have once managed to just close an unclosed burnt cd by simply using Nero for that alone. Mind you, it had originally been burnt by Nero and I had forgotten to check the "close CD" option so I simply tried it on a lark and it worked.

Administrator

The current version of dMC Config will not say if CD writer is registered or not, only looking at the title bar in CD Writer will it tell you.

Spoon,
    Forgive me but I'm not sure I understand, the title bar in my mind is the top of the page where the words "cd writer" appear at the top of the window when you open the program. If this is true, when I install either the original I downloaded after I registered it , or the second one you sent me after I realized the problem they both open and just say "cd writer across the top.
    Also on a different note in the manual for cd writer, in the section about making mp3 disks it states that there is a button that can be checked to either close the disk or unchecked to leave it open. I cannot find this button.
    Thanx

dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) will not say say if it is registered although I believe that it will tell you if it is unregistered. Spoon thought you were perhaps judging that you were checking in your dMC Configuration window to see whether dCW is registered. That source will also not identify whether your version of dCW is registered or not.
    I believe the button to close a disc when you are creating an mp3 disc is found on the screen window entitled dBpowerAMP CD Writer-Ready to Burn that will appear after you press the Burn CD Button on the main window.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

Quote Originally Posted by xoas
    I believe the button to close a disc when you are creating an mp3 disc is found on the screen window entitled dBpowerAMP CD Writer-Ready to Burn that will appear after you press the Burn CD Button on the main window.
    That is correct. Check out the attached pic to see the options.

Administrator

Just to idle chat - a new dMC and new CD writer (release 2) when they are released will say if registered in dMCs config, also dmc will also say which version of the audio player is installed.