title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Perfect Tunes - ID Tags for def files

Re: Perfect Tunes - ID Tags for def files

.dll seems to refer to the Windows version. I am using the Mac version. What should I do?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    Thanks, Spoon. Forgive my ignorance but I just cannot find the file "DSD SACD.dll", nor the folder dbpoweramp decoder folder, nor the PerfectTUNES decoder folder. I have installed R17.1 for mac like you said. Do I have to do anything else before I can find those file and folders?
    Ooops sorry, in Windows you find the file in the OS programs tree, I guess Mac is something similar
    In Windows the required dBpoweramp DSD file is in .......
    File Explorer>>OS(C)>>Programs Files>>dBpoweramp>>decoder

Copy that into ......
    File Explorer>>OS(C)>>Programs Files>>PerfectTUNES>>decoder
    Last edited by Mike-B; 05-24-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Administrator

The MAC has everything all self contained, the next update will support tagging for dsf.

&*8220;..the next update will support tagging for DSF&*8221;. Are you referring to R17.1 or the next update after R17.1?

Administrator

R17.1

R17.1 not working, still showing "?????"
    been a month since my first post, back and forth, following broken instructions....wasted too much time, give up.

Administrator

It is likely your dsf files were tagged non-unicode, so no program would be able to show anything other than ????

Spoon, will you be able to give a more complete explanation? This one liner or one word reply is not very helpful to people without your background.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    It is likely your dsf files were tagged non-unicode, so no program would be able to show anything other than ????
    While waiting for your further reply, I have found and tried another app that managed to changed the song titles without a glitch, and it is free.
    I paid for PerfectTunes mainly to do that. Hope that you can fix it soon.

Administrator

Seems we got a little confused by the mention of R17.1 which is dBpoweramp. R17.1 (beta) should be writing ID tags with unicode to dsf correctly. PerfectTUNES will not write as unicode currently, the next version should.

even more confused. The topic of this thread is about using PerfectTunes ID tag. My first question to you was specifically about using PerfectTunes ID tag on a mac. Then you told me to download dBpoweramp R17.1 (beta) and transfer the .dll files, I downloaded and installed dBpoweramp R17.1 (beta), looked for .dll for a while but could not find it. I asked the question and you then said the mac version has everyone contained and that the next update will support tagging for dsf. I then asked again what you meant by the next update, R17.1 of after R17.1, you said R17.1...........
    Now you said dBpoweramp 17.1 (beta) should be writing ID tags with unicode to def correctly. PerfectTunes will not write. Have I confused you by telling you specifically I was using PerfectTUNES ID Tag?

One final question, how do I use dBpoweramp R17.1 (beta) to tag def files? If you know dBpoweramp R17.1 (beta) can do the job, why can't you just show the instructions and explain how to do it? What is the point of telling me that it can do it but not how to do it? What is more confusing is that you said that no program can do it because my files were non-unicode tagged.... seriously. I wasted quite a bit of time, I hope you understand.

Administrator

The next release of PerfectTUNES will solve this issue.

Looking forward to it, hopefully the wait will not be too long.

any updates?

Administrator

PerfectTUNES R3.3 was released which had this.