title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CD Ripper shows Accurate but Perfect Tunes says inaccurate

Re: CD Ripper shows Accurate but Perfect Tunes says inaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    For the FLAC tracks which are showing as inaccurate, try selecting one of the tracks in finder >> right click >> dBpoweramp Convert

set the encoder as 'Test Conversion', run it, does it say the flac file is corrupted?
    OK, only one CD ripped since my last post here. Again FLAC corrupted files (three in total):
    Attachment 2354

The converter doesn't say "corrupted" but it says "error", concerning all of them three:
    Attachment 2355

Thanks,
    Derek

Administrator

Your attachment does not load. Try to copy one of these corrupted flac files to your local computer, then run the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    [...] Try to copy one of these corrupted flac files to your local computer, then run the conversion.
    Done. Copied to local disk (Macintosh HD).
    Same fault. Don't know what happened to the screenshots. Copied one error to the clipboard. It's this one:

Error converting to Test Conversion, '/Users/djaser/Music/_corrupted_Tracks/04 - Betrayal.flac'
    Encountered 'FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_SEARCH_FOR_FRAME_SYNC' in FLAC File '/Users/djaser/Music/_corrupted_Tracks/04 - Betrayal.flac'
    Does it help when I post the other two as well?

Derek
    Last edited by siriussurfer; 04-05-2019 at 11:22 AM. Reason: Bad spelling

Administrator

The files are becoming corrupted, they are not what was written at time of ripping. I would check your NAS for errors.

OK Sir.
    You are absolutely right!

I ripped some previous faulty albums now to the internal HDD and checked them with PT. Everything was ok. So it was the external RAID System.
    I'm using this: https://www.raidsonic.de/products/ex..._objectID=1003
    I think it is not applicable for ripping purposes (not to say bullshit), so I'll get another one.

Maybe OT but allow me one further question here:
    Thinking about a QNAP device. Maybe a TS-419 P II. Does anybody have experience with them, are they appropriate for ripping?

Thanks again.
    Derek
    Last edited by siriussurfer; 04-06-2019 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Administrator

QNAP are a quality NAS.

dBpoweramp Guru

My personal approach (and considered best practice by many) is to rip your CDs to your local computer harddrive, and then move these folders to your NAS. In a ripping session I may rip 5 to 10 CDs. I do this to my HDD, then once done with that session and I'm sure I have my metadata, etc. the way I want, I then move these files over to my central server. It's an extra step, but can avoid a lot of potential issues.