title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

I get the following error messing when attempting to install registered PerfectTUNES to Windows 10 Home 64:

'Error whilst running 'C:\Users\Larry...\AppData\Local\temp\98FF.tmp-PerfectTUNES-Registered-64bit__SPI_Win64.exe'

Norton Antivirus and firewall are turned off. Can you help? Thanks! --Larry

Sidenote: I had difficulty uninstalling PerfectTUNES 2.1-- the PerfectTUNES listing uninstall listing in Windows 10 Apps and Features could not find SpoonUninstall.exe in C:\Windows\System32. However, search was able to find SpoonUninstall.exe in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. I copied it to C:\Windows\System32, and was able to uninstall via Windows Apps and Features. Go figure.... --LJ

Administrator

Re: Error while installing PerfectTUNES to Windows 10

Try starting Windows in safe mode and install then.

Sigh! Whilst installing in safe mode, got the same error message, though with a different "\***.tmp" reference. More thoughts? Thanks. --Larry

Administrator

Whilst this message is showing, browse to the location in the message, copy the shown .tmp.exe file to the desktop and run it from there.

YIPPEE!! It worked! PerfectTUNES is now once again installed on my main desktop computer. THANKS!! --Larry