title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Cover Art

Cover Art

Hi I have downloaded and trying out Music/Batch converter for Mac. I have a music collection ripped from cd's through iTunes in Apple lossless format. After conversion to Flac I lose the cover art. I have verified the files have art by getting info on the actual files though the finder and also installed a script in iTunes that verified the artwork is embedded. I have spent a good amount of time trying to figure this out and I seem to be stuck, what am I missing? Thanks for any help!

RWI

Administrator

Re: Cover Art

See if dBpoweramp can see the art, right click on a Apple Lossless file >> Services >> Edit Tags with dBpoweramp

is any art shown?

Screen Shot 2019-08-20 at 7.52.50 PM.jpg

Hi, life got in the way for a while and I am finally ready to get back to this. When I view the original file in the finder you see the album art in the preview image, after conversion you do not. The embedded art does transfer properly. How can I make the preview image also be brought over to the converted file?

Administrator

Apple would not show cover art in FLAC files because it cannot read them, you would have to use dBpoweramp Edit ID Tags to see if there is art in the FLAC files.

Hi, cover art shows to be embedded if I view in tag editor but still does not show up in a the finder view. Is there anyway to correct this or are you saying on a Mac this is normal?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RWI View Post
    Hi, cover art shows to be embedded if I view in tag editor but still does not show up in a the finder view. Is there anyway to correct this or are you saying on a Mac this is normal?
    No, you cannot correct this in the Finder. As Spoon said earlier, Apple does not read flac files and Finder is part of Apple's operating system.

Screen Shot 2019-08-22 at 5.33.02 AM.jpg

Here is the same Flac file shown before, I copied and pasted the image into a finder get info window so it seems that it can be done. Perhaps I do not fully understand when you say Apple cannot read Flac files. iTunes cannot read Flac for sure, however they appear normal in the finder and do play in Quicktime player.

dBpoweramp Guru

Finder is part of Apple's operating system, which can't handle (play or display album art) flac files. The operating system doesn't know anything special about those files - not that these are audio files or that there might exist embedded album arts. To play those flac files you use Quicktime, which is an add on promgram, but not an integral part of the operating system.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Please confirm the following:

1. You see embedded artwork in the apple lossless files, when using dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tag?

2. You do not see a .jpg file in the flac folder, after conversion to flac?

3. You do not see embedded artwork in the flac file when using dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tag, after conversion to flac?
    Last edited by mville; 08-22-2019 at 07:30 AM. Reason: clarification