title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset is billed as audio only, what does that mean for album artwork?

Red face Asset is billed as audio only, what does that mean for album artwork?

Hey guys!

I've been using Asset for years and have been trying to figure out why my album artwork doesn't show up on my LG 50" Plasma TV using a Sony S5200 Blu-Ray player DLNA. Why wouldn't this work? Audio works fine. Is album artwork only for the control point and not the end display? Is that why Asset is billed as an audio only?

Rocketdog

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Asset is billed as audio only, what does that mean for album artwork?

This is likely to be an artwork size and/or resolution limitation of the player. As a test, take a single album and experiment by reducing the artwork size/resolution.

Re: Asset is billed as audio only, what does that mean for album artwork?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    This is likely to be an artwork size and/or resolution limitation of the player. As a test, take a single album and experiment by reducing the artwork size/resolution.
    Thanks mville! I tried your suggestion without success. I now suspect the Sony player of being the weak link. I am surprised that I haven't stumbled on to the correct resolution in my years of using ASSET. Do you or anyone else have another thought? It may be time to get a new DLNA. I'd really like to see the artwork on the old flat screen.

Rocketdog