title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Trying to decide if PerfectTunes will meet my needs

Trying to decide if PerfectTunes will meet my needs

I just happened upon PerfectTunes and I am trying to decide if I want to purchase it.

I have a library of about 60k music files, but many of the files don't have album art associated with them. I want to add the art automatically, in a batch process, but I can't determine if PerfectTunes will do this.

My music is organized in folders by artist, with additional sub-folders for each album.

It appears that I would need to go into each sub-folder and initiate the search for album art from there. If this is the case, I don't want to purchase the program because it will take forever.

Also, when I manually search for album art, PerfectTunes comes up with a number of possibilities that I need to choose from, which seems to imply that the program can't decide itself which image to use, and would need me to make this decision for each missing piece of art (again, too time consuming given the number of files needing art).

If I am incorrect, and there is a way to have the program go through each file and find the art if it is missing without my needing to do anything but initiate the batch process, then I do want to purchase the program.

Will PerfectTunes add missing album art as a batch process? If so, how do I initiate the process?

Thanks in advance,
    Doug Stevens

Administrator

Re: Trying to decide if PerfectTunes will meet my needs

Your files need to have ID Tags which have the artist and album name for batch art to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Your files need to have ID Tags which have the artist and album name for batch art to work.
    Most do have ID tags with artist and album name specified.

I still need to know how to initiate the batch process. It appears that the only way to find album art is to select an individual file and click on the generic CD picture to open a window that facilitates finding the album art.

How would I do this as a batch process?

Administrator

In PerfectTUNES you would open the Album art component and choose the 'Fix Albums' button:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/Help/perf...s/albumart.htm