title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch converting a large Library to Flac from a 4tb usd HD to 2 tb usb HD

Batch converting a large Library to Flac from a 4tb usd HD to 2 tb usb HD

Hello I have my main Library on a 4TB USB HD which is connected to my PC . I then have a Music Server set up which uses a Raspberry Pi 3+ with Max2play and using Logitech Media Server as media software. This has its own 2TB usb hard drive connected to the Pi with a mirror of the main Libray . Now due to changes the main Library is split between Apple Lossless and FLAC . I want to convert the Library to all FLAC as i no longer use any Apple products.

On the conversion panel what do I set the destination to when I want to keep all of the Floders and Sub folders on the new destination usb drive ? I have done one but it has just created one large file with all of the songs no album folders which is not what I want .

Also this takes about a day and ahlf to run so I need to be certain that I am making the correct settings for this next time I hit run . I realise that much of this is my own inabilty to understand the file/origin/destination path details which I should but seem not to be able to get . Any help would be appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Batch converting a large Library to Flac from a 4tb usd HD to 2 tb usb HD

Set the naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

and choose the location to the root of the 2TB drive. You would have to delete all the existing music from this drive first.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Set the naming to:

[origpath]\[origfilename]

and choose the location to the root of the 2TB drive. You would have to delete all the existing music from this drive first.
    Thank you for that but if I do that it does not allow me to browse and pick the destination drive ie my source drive is F and the destination drive is E . If I choose the drop down you list then the files will all go to the F drive as the origin .

Administrator

For naming choose the option 'Preserve source path' and choose the root of drive E in the dialog which appears.