title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper Had Worked Perfectly

CD Ripper Had Worked Perfectly

The software was doing great in ripping my CD collection and then all of a sudden it started to give error messages. Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\vicbe\Music\Bob Dylan\Dylan Greatest Hits\01 Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women *12 & 35.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\vicbe\Music\Bob Dylan\Dylan Greatest Hits\01 Bob Dylan - Rainy Day Women *12 & 35._' for writing. [clEncoder_ALAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\vicbe\Music\Bob Dylan\Dylan Greatest Hits\02 Bob Dylan - Blowin' In The Wind.m4a'
    Error unable to open File 'C:\Users\vicbe\Music\Bob Dylan\Dylan Greatest Hits\02 Bob Dylan - Blowin' In The Wind._' for writing. [clEncoder_ALAC::BeginConversion]

This happens for all tracks.

Can someone please help me to get this up and running again?

Thanks

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: CD Ripper Had Worked Perfectly

Are you logged on to the computer as user "vicbe"? If not, Windows probably can't write there.

Administrator

CD Ripper >> Green options button >> CD Ripper Options >> Filename restricted characters click 'set'

Click 'restore to default' because * by default is changed to -

Yes I am actually logged in but I have have been having access problems. I am running Windows 10 Pro and I am the only user on this computer; but I am having some type of permissions issue. Can files be ripped to another location?

This is what I ended up doing. I changed the path and saved the files to an external hard drive. Everything is working well again.