title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to do tag editing after the CD has been ripped?

How to do tag editing after the CD has been ripped?

on my PC, I have a directory labeled Christmas and I put christmas albums in it.

When one album in particular was ripped, it was identified as Holiday and when the album shows up in my player, it is not in the Christmas genere but under Holiday genere.

How can I correct this so all the Christmas albums show up in the Christmas genere? E.g. edit the album that has ‘Holiday’ as the genere and change it to Christmas?

If this can't be done in dbpoweramp/cd ripper, can you suggest a good 'tag editor'?
    Thanks
    J

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to do tag editing after the CD has been ripped?

In Windows Explorer, find the album on the hard drive you store the ripped albums on. Click on the entry to open the directory and see all the files Select all the audio files (in what ever format you ripped to, FLAC, mp3, or whatever. Right click on the selected files, click on "edit ID tag", window should open where you can change the genre to Christmas. Close Windows Explorer and you should be done.

An alternative tag editor is "mp3tag" Don't be fooled, it edits tags on just about any audio file, wave, flac, m4a, etc, as well as mp3. But the right click contextual tag editing (which is a part of dBpoweramp) is very good for simple tag edits like what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidj View Post
    In Windows Explorer, find the album on the hard drive you store the ripped albums on. Click on the entry to open the directory and see all the files Select all the audio files (in what ever format you ripped to, FLAC, mp3, or whatever. Right click on the selected files, click on "edit ID tag", window should open where you can change the genre to Christmas. Close Windows Explorer and you should be done.

An alternative tag editor is "mp3tag" Don't be fooled, it edits tags on just about any audio file, wave, flac, m4a, etc, as well as mp3. But the right click contextual tag editing (which is a part of dBpoweramp) is very good for simple tag edits like what you need.
    Thank you...very useful.
    I did some searching and saw mp3tag and immediately discounted it because I thought it was useful on MP3 format (I ripped everything to FLAC).
    It appears that I may have more of a tag fix up than I originally anticipated (e.g. editing the genre of lots of tracks and albums...hope the tool can do block changes of track tags.
    Looks like a nice tool, and the price is right as well.

Administrator

Also checkout:

https://dbpoweramp.com/perfecttunes.htm

It contains a very powerful tag editor.