title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: rip error over and over again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

rip error over and over again

Hello,

I'm new to using dBpoweramp CD ripper. I've ripped maybe about 50 discs now or so. Lost count... but I keep getting errors on some tracks and when I try to rip just that track, or handful of those tracks in error it keeps resulting in errors over and over again. It will show up as accurate but give me an error in which the file on disk isn't complete. So even though its showing as accurate, the song wasn't successfully ripped.

Error ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 7' to '\\WDMYCLOUDMIRROR\Music\Nash the Slash\Decomposing (2017)\1-07 - Womble (33 RPM) (2017 Remaster).m4a'
    Error renaming '\\WDMYCLOUDMIRROR\Music\Nash the Slash\Decomposing (2017)\1-07 - Womble (33 RPM) (2017 Remaster)._' to '\\WDMYCLOUDMIRROR\Music\Nash the Slash\Decomposing (2017)\1-07 - Womble (33 RPM) (2017 Remaster).m4a', check destination has enough free space and another program has not locked the file.

Information ripping to Apple Lossless, 'Track 7' to '\\WDMYCLOUDMIRROR\Music\Nash the Slash\Decomposing (2017)\1-07 - Womble (33 RPM) (2017 Remaster).m4a'
    Audio File Passed Verification

If I keep trying over and over again eventually the error will stop. Some times it doesn't, then I'll try my external USB drive to rip it or restart the computer...maybe then the error will stop and the track rips successfully. I'm not sure why it is asking to check for enough free space, there is plenty of space. I understand there are going to be errors at times or inaccurate rips with damaged or heavily used discs but this is happening on brand new never played discs as much as it is on damaged discs. Needless to say its making ripping CDs a very tedious process. At times it's taken up to 3 hours just to get one disc ripped successfully instead of the 20 or so minutes it should take error-free.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Administrator

Re: rip error over and over again

CD Ripper >> Green Options Button >> CD Ripper Options >> Change 'When Ripping' to 'Rip Direct to Final Filenames'

Thanks, Spoon. I'll give that a try.

kryten100, thanks for the reply. It is mapped to E:.. I guess it's not showing in the path for some reason?

So far so good using the option Spoon told me to change. Should the errors return I'll see about trying to get the path to change.