title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: provides audio information for dbpoweramp causes OS to not respond

provides audio information for dbpoweramp causes OS to not respond

When attempting to change details or the title of mp4 video files, the file becomes unresponsive, then file explorer becomes unresponsive. While viewing processes in task, there is a huge jump in the disk drive usage for process <<provides audio information for dbpoweramp>>.

If illustrate is uninstalled then the issue goes away.

Administrator

Re: provides audio information for dbpoweramp causes OS to not respond

You have music converter, or Video converter installed?

i have music converter installed. bear in mind i'm doing nothing with my audio files at the time. i'm merely attempting to change details under the properties tab of the video file.

Administrator

Which details are you changing? This relates to Music Converter, under dBpoweramp Control Centre >> Configuration 'Advanced Settings' >> Thumbnail and property handler 'Exclusions' check MP4 to be excluded.

1. the details being changed are irrelevant, it could be 1 attribute or all; it makes no difference if i select apply or ok the issue persists causing windows explorer to stop responding for a good 1 to 2 minutes

2. mp4 was already checked under the thumbnails and property handler exlusions.

3. one thing i just noticed - if i add wording to an arbitrary selection, say comments, it causes windows explorer to stop responding. if i remove wording from the comments <<provides audio information for dbpoweramp>> process begins, then windows explorer stops responding for about 1 to 2 minutes