title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't read CD ROM

Question Can't read CD ROM

We have a new HP Envy Windows 10 PC. dBpoweramp CD ripper does not work. We tried looking at the CD Ripper Options. Under the CD Rom we clicked on Technical and got an error message - "<Error Reading Drive Details>"

The CD ROM drive name is hp - DVDRW GUE1N, It is drive E:

The CD ROM works fine to play CDs and movies. When we startup the CD ripper, we get the track list displayed but when we try to Rip every track results in an error.

I previously posted that we have not been able to configure dBpoweramp. We have over 400 CDs and not a single one of them would work as a key disk for configuration.

Administrator

Re: Can't read CD ROM

NO, it's not the same. In our case the drive appears to be ready but all tracks error. I believe it may be related to the other post I did yesterday. That problem is that I have tried over 400 CDs and i can't find a single one that will configure dBpoweramp.

dbpoweramp is able to read the metadata.
    Last edited by bsprice; 04-20-2021 at 09:20 AM.

Administrator

Re: Can't read CD ROM

The drive would read without accuraterip and the technical page would show also.

Try restarting windows in 'safe mode with networking':

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/a...-in-Safe-Mode-