title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dmc r16.6 reference trial and secure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • teiufmp
    • Feb 2019

dmc r16.6 reference trial and secure

I searched through the forums and saw some similar threads but none of the solutions seem to work.

I downloaded dmc r16.6 reference trial today, and attempted to rip a cd, the whole reason for choosing dmc was for the secure options, all of which were greyed out with the trial version.

Do you actually have to purchase registration to get the secure features or am i missing something?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: dmc r16.6 reference trial and secure

See here: dBpoweramp Versions

Comment

• teiufmp
      • Feb 2019

I understand how the versions work. As I stated previously, I downloaded the 21 day reference trial, if it is in fact the reference version as it says, why are secure options greyed out?

Thanks

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by teiufmp
        As I stated previously, I downloaded the 21 day reference trial, if it is in fact the reference version as it says, why are secure options greyed out?
        I guess without the trial limitations, users are able to rip (securely), their CD collection for free.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is likely the trial is no longer active (perhaps you tried an older version of dBpoweramp)?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• teiufmp
            • Feb 2019

The trial, as stated on the website says, "Try Reference free for 21 days".

That would indicate that for 21 days, all functionality of the reference version is available.

Does anyone know if this is the case or not. If as the trial link indicates, that this is the reference version, why is secure greyed out?

Not looking for guesses or assumptions, if someone knows, please do let me know.

Thanks

Comment

• teiufmp
              • Feb 2019

Thanks spoon,

I just downloaded the trial on Wednesday, from https://www.dbpoweramp.com/install/d...-Ref-Trial.exe . If this isn't the correct site, please do let me know the proper location.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try creating a new user account on the system called 'Test' with administrator access rights (select Windows Start Menu and type 'settings' >> Accounts >> family and other people >> add someone else to pc >> I do not have their sign in >> add a user without Microsoft account)

Then select account >> change account type >> administrator

Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>