title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: AccurateRip not working in EAC

AccurateRip not working in EAC

I have the AccurateRip integration in EAC and an Asus SDRW-08D2S-U external CD drive. It's "purged" on the official drive offset list http://accuraterip.com/driveoffsets.htm but according to the program, I still should be able to use it if I have key discs, listed here: http://www.accuraterip.com/keydiscs.htm

I have enough key discs, but every time I try to use a key disc, I get the same error message (screenshotted here https://i.imgur.com/9Ntw5wp.png)

So what now? Feedback appreciated.

Administrator

Re: AccurateRip not working in EAC

A key disc cannot be used if it appears in the database with a different pressing. Try modern releases as these are less likely to have had a 2nd run of pressings, if the disc is only 4 months old.

Unhappy Re: AccurateRip not working in EAC

Hello,
    I have the same problem with my ASUS BW-16D1H-U which worked in accurate ripping on the old version REV 14 but not on the new REV 16.6 !?
    I tried several key discs but no success !!!
    Did you find a solution !?
    Thanks in advance
    Harry

Cool Re: AccurateRip not working in EAC

Quote Originally Posted by Harald Borzym View Post
    Hello,
    I have the same problem with my ASUS BW-16D1H-U which worked in accurate ripping on the old version REV 14 but not on the new REV 16.6 !?
    I tried several key discs but no success !!!
    Did you find a solution !?
    Thanks in advance
    Harry
    Hello!
    I didn`t give up configuring key CD`S for about 25 pcs !
    All of a sudden with Matt Simons "Catch & Release" I succeeded! WOW
    I am happy
    Harry

Re: AccurateRip not working in EAC

Hi Harry, I have the same problem as you described with my newly bought ASUS BW-16D1H-U. Did I understood you correctly, that by using ONLY the CD Matt Simons "Catch & Release", the drive configured itself? Would appreciate a short Feedback! Thanks! Marco

Re: AccurateRip not working in EAC with ASUS BW-16D1H-U

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_Bosch View Post
    Hi Harry, I have the same problem as you described with my newly bought ASUS BW-16D1H-U. Did I understood you correctly, that by using ONLY the CD Matt Simons "Catch & Release", the drive configured itself? Would appreciate a short Feedback! Thanks! Marco
    ..just wanted to follow up on previous question, I now have found two CD's with same off-set (+667), but this whole proces, trying to find 3 CDs is very frustrating. Why can't I manually input the off-set? I could imagine, that the problem with the database is, that drives will get updates, so any "old" information (e.g. drive with old firmware) in the database leads to having to do adjustments. For the ASUS BW-16D1H-U, there are only 2 entries for +6 off-set. I would really like to possibility to manually input the offset data.

Administrator

AccurateRip never allows manual offsets to be specified, the database would quickly become polluted if this happened (someone enters a wrong offset, submits tracks then others key off those tracks).

Quote Originally Posted by Marco_Bosch View Post
    ..just wanted to follow up on previous question, I now have found two CD's with same off-set (+667), but this whole proces, trying to find 3 CDs is very frustrating. Why can't I manually input the off-set? I could imagine, that the problem with the database is, that drives will get updates, so any "old" information (e.g. drive with old firmware) in the database leads to having to do adjustments. For the ASUS BW-16D1H-U, there are only 2 entries for +6 off-set. I would really like to possibility to manually input the offset data.
    Hi Marco, wondering if you (or anyone else who has the Asus BW-16D1H-U) could share the disks they used to successfully configure accuraterip? The drive is on the accuraterip database but I'm struggling to find any CD's that it will accept as key disks. I'm sure this will be great when it's working but pretty frustrating setup! Thanks Ian

A quick follow up to my last post above, in case this is useful to anyone else with a similar problem. I fed my new Asus BW-16D1H-U with around 30 CD's via dbpoweramp cd ripper, before I found some that worked as key discs for accuraterip. The first was the album Union, by The Boxer Rebellion (+667 samples, +2668 bytes). I then found that Disk 1 and Disk 2 of a 3 Disk Set of a compilation The Mix 2008,from Hed Kandi (both +667 samples, +2668 bytes) worked. I assume from this that Disk 3 would also work but accuraterip said it was happy, so I didn't need to load the 3rd Hed Kandi disk. I hope this helps someone else in this frustrating situation!