title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Album with mixed audio types

Album with mixed audio types

First post. Been using asset for several years now without any issues so never needed any support but I seem to have my first problem :-(

I have an album with about 30 tracks. 29 are flac and one is a wav. Same album/artist/albumartist - tags set the same... only the track number is different for all the files. If I search by Artist then I can see both the wav and flac tracks under the same album - correct. They also both play correctly. If I search by albumartist it only shows the flac tracks NOT the wav track under the album. Use mediamonkey and it shows all the tracks correctly under the albumartist/album. It's like asset doesn't want to admit that you can mix file types under the same albumartist/album.

Any ideas please.

Administrator

Re: Album with mixed audio types

It is likely that the wave file has been tagged in a way that Asset cannot read the album artist, if you use dBpoweramp to add the album artist it should be ok.

One of the flac files in the album is actually the wav converted. I gave the converted file a different Title and Track No. Asset sees the converted file but not the WAV. I agree it looks like the AlbumArtist is knackered. I'll try changing the AlbumArtist to someing unique and see if it shows up then. If it does I'll then try changing it back and see what happens.

Now that's even stranger! I converted one of the flac tracks in the album to wav. So tags unchanged. Then refreshed Asset and guess what!! The track is no longer listed under Albumartist/Album but IS under Artist/Album or even plain Album. It really looks like Asset doesn't like mixed file types.

Administrator

Depends, on which converter you are using, and how it is tagging Wave files. At the very basic wave files have no 'album artist' Tag value if using WAVE LIST tags. If tagging with an ID3v2 chunk, album artist can be stored.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Depends, on which converter you are using, and how it is tagging Wave files. At the very basic wave files have no 'album artist' Tag value if using WAVE LIST tags. If tagging with an ID3v2 chunk, album artist can be stored.
    Just an update to say this is sorted. The programme used to create the wav file was doing something funny with the tags. MM4 could cope fine but asset just couldn't understand the albumartist or artist. I used mp3tag to redo all the tags and now all is sorted.

Thanks for all the help.

Happyness is your asset working correctly ;-)

Steve