title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset UPnP for Mac & Linux, R6.3 beta

Super Moderator

Asset UPnP for Mac & Linux, R6.3 beta

Current version: R6.3 beta 4

Download links:

Changes since R6.2:
    • Made transcoded MP3 bitrate configurable via webconfig (Linux)
    • Made possible to edit database fields through configuration dialogs/pages
    • Made device ID generation consistent with Windows version of Asset, should fix certain devices being unable to show more than one Asset instance
    • Mac OS Mojave Dark Mode compatible[/b]

Changes in beta 2:
    • Improved behavior of playlists referencing external storage on Mac OS.

Changes in beta 3:
    • Fixed missing Composer info when browsing.

Changes in beta 4:
    • Added automatic recovery from database file corruption; should address problems with Asset completely failing to see music for some users.
    • Added Mac OS Catalina compatible code signing.

Note that system requirements have changed since R6.2:
    • Mac: Mac OS 10.10 "Yosemite" or newer
    • QNAP: ARMv5 no longer supported. This affect very old QNAP models only.

There are no known critical bugs in Asset R6.2, you can safely continue to use an old version if your machine falls into one of the above categories.
    Last edited by PeterP; 09-11-2019 at 12:50 PM. Reason: beta 4

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Asset UPnP for Mac & Linux, R6.3 beta

I'm running 6.3-beta3 with Synology DS214.
    I've changed my set up with another business/domestic NAS & reserved the Synology for only music. As I don't stream every day & rather than either get in the habit of power off when not needed or leave it running, I tried it with hibernation.
    This did not work out as the Asset Config "Detect & Catalogue New Tracks" wakes the Synology every hour (default = 60 mins)
    I now have this disabled (unchecked) & it seems to hibernate as I expected without the 60 mins wake up.
    Its not a problem for me this way other than I need to remember to manually "Rescan folders detecting changes" each time I add a new album of make changes.
    But my question is; is it possible to have the "Detect & Catalogue New Tracks" enabled but for it to only be active when the Synology is awake & active outside of hibernation.
    Last edited by Mike-B; 06-13-2019 at 06:48 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Hi Mike, Why not just leave the NAS powered on. I have the disks set to &*8216;spin down&*8217; when not active and I find that the Rescan from Asset doesn&*8217;t cause them to spin back up, if nothing in the library has changed.
    It must be done using disk cache and application cache (tables in memory).
    Then your music will always be available when you want to put a track on.

I have a bunch of backup jobs via rsync, that run during the day, while away at work, to ensure all data is backed up and preserved across RAID1 volumes, hence my NAS units are on 24/7.

Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by simes_pep View Post
    Hi Mike, Why not just leave the NAS powered on.
    Simon
    Hi again Simon, as I explained on the post, the new NAS now has all the business & family stuff & is on 24/7
    The old Synology has moved position & is connected only to NDX & has only music loaded. I don't use it every day, last time was Wednesday evening, next will probably be Saturday evening. Hibernation makes sense to me, its running on reduced power & takes just a few (5) seconds longer to come on line so its always available.
    Whatever, by disabling Detect & Catalogue New Tracks the spinning up every hour is fixed.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Loaded R6.3-b4 on Synology DS214, working with Naim NDX & Naim iOS app
    All working fine - thanks
    Anything in particular to look out for or stress test??

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Also loaded Beta 4 on my RPi2 running DietPi Buster
    All seems fine.
    Thanks, Simon

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Running 6.3 beta 4 on Synology. My main browsing view is Album Artist then Album by Release. I just noticed that if the Year tag is missing from an album, the album is missing from the album list if I use this browsing hierarchy, although the album is present if I swtich to Album Artist\Album. Is there an issue here with how missing tag data is handled?

Administrator

I think all versions of asset will be like this, if you do not have a year then it will not be present in the 'by release' view.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    I think all versions of asset will be like this, if you do not have a year then it will not be present in the 'by release' view.
    Thanks, I can well imagine that this is a glitch across all platforms. For me, in a view that sorts on release date, it's a bit sloppy to just miss out albums with a missing Year value. I also have Minimserver with albums sorted by date, and it looks like it sorts on the dates that are present, then adds remaining albums afterwards, so the entire catalogue is accounted for.