title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Run external vs read and write metadata file question

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Run external vs read and write metadata file question

Run external has the ability to pick when it gets ran, is there a way to make read metadata file happen after everything, or does it already do that?

For context, I wrote a DSP in java that has the side effect of wiping all the metadata. I've found one configuration that somehow keeps the metadata, but won't keep any metadata changes from the ID Tag processing DSP. (I've tried to fix my DSP but nothing's worked so far.)

Administrator

Re: Run external vs read and write metadata file question

Read metadata would run before encoding, it is not possible to choose when it is started.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you. I found that the reason all the metadata was getting wiped was because I was using an outdated version of the java library.
    I'm still not sure I understand the intended use cases for read and write metadata file. From the names, I was planing to set up my process chain like: ID Tag processing => Write to metadata file => Other DSPs that may lose metadata information => Read metadata file. I suppose I can still do that, just it would have to be in two steps.
    Last edited by ForSerious; 02-07-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Had to fix my fancy unicode not working.

Administrator

Internally the metadata is held from the source file whilst converting, then written to the destination, so should not be lost.