title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: DSD codec does not install

DSD codec does not install

On my system (Win 10 64 bit Pro, dbpoweramp 16.6 64 bit) I cannot install the DSD SACD codec. If I look into the decoder folder (C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder) the corresponding dll is there but the decoder does not show up in the list of decoders installed (dbpoweramp configuration window) and if I want to load a .dff file into the converter it does not recognize it as an audio file. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Administrator

Re: DSD codec does not install

Run dBpoweramp Control Center >> and list the codecs installed, does it show there?

Quote Originally Posted by oeci View Post
    ...the decoder does not show up in the list of decoders installed (dbpoweramp configuration window)...
    No, like I already wrote the decoder does not show in the list of installed decoders.

Administrator

You installed it to the same location that dBpoweramp is installed? look in:

C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder

You should have DSD SACD.dll and it should be 433KB

Quote Originally Posted by oeci View Post
    ...If I look into the decoder folder (C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\decoder) the corresponding dll is there...
    I also mentioned that one in my initial post The file is there, please take a look at the attached print screen.

Screenshot - 12_02.jpg

Administrator

The filesize indicates that it is the 32 bit codec which is installed, you must be getting the 32 bit codec because you have both 64 bit and 32 bit dBpoweramp installed.

Run this:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Then reinstall dBpoweramp, then DSD codec.