title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Change control point

Change control point

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have searched the threads but not found anything with regard to editing the control point so forgive me if I've missed something.

Anyway perhaps someone can help, I've only downloaded and installed Asset UPnP this evening and want to point this at MinimServer which is located on my NAS (QNAP) box.

So, stupid question time - from reading the supporting documentation there doesn't appear to be a way to override this (aside from changing the rules on library structure etc) the last control point isn't even populated (after restart either)- and I just wondered is it only possible on upgrade or at all ?

Asset has been installed on a laptop running Win 10.

Many thanks

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Change control point

Quote Originally Posted by ClanNaGael View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to the forum and have searched the threads but not found anything with regard to editing the control point so forgive me if I've missed something.

Anyway perhaps someone can help, I've only downloaded and installed Asset UPnP this evening and want to point this at MinimServer which is located on my NAS (QNAP) box.

So, stupid question time - from reading the supporting documentation there doesn't appear to be a way to override this (aside from changing the rules on library structure etc) the last control point isn't even populated (after restart either)- and I just wondered is it only possible on upgrade or at all ?

Asset has been installed on a laptop running Win 10.

Many thanks
    Umm. For one thing Asset UPnP is a server, like MinimServer. You can't "point" it to another server. Are you confusing Asset UPnP with a control point?

Re: Change control point

Hi timster37,

Thanks for picking up my post.

I can only apologise as indeed you'd hardly point Asset UPnP at MinimServer!

I can only put my poor judgement to the late hour I attempted this, I meant of course Asset Control which I have since installed and got it working within a few minutes.

Many thanks again for responding to my note.

Now to get Asset Point working the way I want

Cheers,
    ClannNaGael