title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newest version of CD ripper, whare have the options to change samplerate, bitrate and

Newest version of CD ripper, whare have the options to change samplerate, bitrate and

Hello there

I have just reinstalled DBpoweramp newest version on my new windows 10 64 bit pc. All whent smoothly, and aftwards I wanted to rip a CD into wave. Everything concerning configuring my drives (an LG and Pioneer 4K BluRayDrives) for acurate rip whent excelent, and I wanted to continue the process.
    As I was ripping an audiobook containing only spoken word in mono, I wanted to change the ripping method from "As source" to "single channel mono", like I have always been able to do in the past. However, I was unable to see these options in the ripping dialouge box?
    Does anyone have an idea as to why these options are not shown?

Please note, as I am blind, I am using DBpoweramp with screen reading software, so perhaps there is a button or something that my screenreader is simpley missing?

I do hope someone inhere can help me out.

All the best from Allan

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Newest version of CD ripper, whare have the options to change samplerate, bitrate

Quote Originally Posted by mallanikkelsen View Post
    Hello there

I have just reinstalled DBpoweramp newest version on my new windows 10 64 bit pc. All whent smoothly, and aftwards I wanted to rip a CD into wave. Everything concerning configuring my drives (an LG and Pioneer 4K BluRayDrives) for acurate rip whent excelent, and I wanted to continue the process.
    As I was ripping an audiobook containing only spoken word in mono, I wanted to change the ripping method from "As source" to "single channel mono", like I have always been able to do in the past. However, I was unable to see these options in the ripping dialouge box?
    Does anyone have an idea as to why these options are not shown?

Please note, as I am blind, I am using DBpoweramp with screen reading software, so perhaps there is a button or something that my screenreader is simpley missing?

I do hope someone inhere can help me out.

All the best from Allan
    At the center bottom ripping screen box, there is a tab for DSP. Within that tab at the top there is "Add DSP/Action". Click this. One of the DSP options in the dropdown is called "Channel Count". Select this to add, then in its settings you have a fixed setting where you can select MONO. I hope this helps.

Re: Newest version of CD ripper, whare have the options to change samplerate, bitrate

Hello there

Thanks alot for your answer! It at least helped me confirm that there is something that my screen reading software doesnt see or doesnt interact with properly. 'What I can see with the screen reader is a button called dsp settings, however, when pressing this, nothing happens at all!

To the developers of the programme, I really hope you'd consider having a look at this, so that all of us wwith the need for screen readers can continue to use the otherwise great programme! I'd be happy to do some sort of tests if you need it. To me it seems that for each new version that comes out, a few things becomes inecessible to users of screen readers. in R15, I lost the option to press the "add album art" button as well as the comments edit field in the ID tacking dialogue, and a freind of mine has previously reported that he can no longer check the various boxes in the DB poweramp control center. Our screen reader simpley doesnt see the options as something that we can press.

All the best from Allan
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    At the center bottom ripping screen box, there is a tab for DSP. Within that tab at the top there is "Add DSP/Action". Click this. One of the DSP options in the dropdown is called "Channel Count". Select this to add, then in its settings you have a fixed setting where you can select MONO. I hope this helps.

dBpoweramp Guru

Did you contact the developers of the screen reading software as well?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Did you contact the developers of the screen reading software as well?

Dat Ei
    Hi everyone

I also a blind user of your program "dBpoweramp CD Ripper". I have the same problems as "Mallanikkelsen" describe. I also have the problem where I not can activate options in your main control panel.

Since you make your program more and more inaccessible for screen readers every time you release a new version, I think that you have a developer-software there not have built in features for accessibility. When you e.g. code a button as a button, you visually fine can code a button, bot behind the picture you not has make the correct code related to default Windows programming interface. When you not make the correct code, our screen readers not can see that the visually picture is a button, and therefore not can activate the button.

This is very frustrating that I purchase a program and since you make an update, I see that many and many features not is accessible with screen readers!

Since many and many program is not accessible with screen readers, the developers of screen readers have a prioritized list of programs for that they will try to optimize the screen reader itself. Often they optimize screen readers for Windows 10, Microsoft Office etc. Therefore, I guess that "dBpoweramp CD Ripper" not will have a very high priority related to Windows and Microsoft Office. We talking about many years!

Again, since that many of the features has worked with screen readers in earlier versions of "dBpoweramp CD Ripper", and the main program, I guess that you now use a developer software that not has built in support for accessibility coding.

Please see on the following link about how you make an accessible Windows program:
    https://developer.microsoft.com/en-u...ccessible-apps

I hope that you please really will try to fix the problems related to accessibility in the upcoming versions. If you have other questions, you are very welcome to write me back.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Anders