title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

accurate rip cd with silent track

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pcalv
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Feb 2007

accurate rip cd with silent track

Hi

I have a cd where the 2nd last track is a 1 minute silent track before the final track.

When I rip it I get an accurate rip with 15 matches for all tracks except for the silent track which gives a secure rip.

I'm assuming because there is no music it can't be matched in accurate rip?

I don't want to remove the silent track as I want to preserve the cd the way it was intended.

I also don't want to rip the cd and have 11 accurate ripped tracks and 1 secure, so would the only option although not ideal be to turn off accurate rip and do a secure rip for the whole cd instead?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

Originally posted by pcalv
    I also don't want to rip the cd and have 11 accurate ripped tracks and 1 secure
    Could you explain why this would be a problem. To me it seems to be the ideal solution.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Silent tracks would not appear in AccurateRip
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pcalv
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Feb 2007

Thanks for the feedback. As i suspected. I like to see all tracks on a cd ripped the same way so I'll just disable accurate rip temporarily to rip the cd securely.

Comment

• Dat Ei
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2014

I like to see all tracks on a cd ripped the same way so I'll just disable accurate rip temporarily to rip the cd securely.
          For me this doesn't make any sense at all because you substitute the best possible results with potential worse ones for for n-1 tracks.

Dat Ei

Comment

• pcalv
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Feb 2007

Yes I do understand that. I just like to see uniformity for all tracks when I do a rip. I would rather see in the log '12 tracks ripped securely' rather than '11 accurate 1 secure'.

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

Yes I do understand that. I just like to see uniformity for all tracks when I do a rip. I would rather see in the log '12 tracks ripped securely' rather than '11 accurate 1 secure'.
              We all have our own areas of OCD.

Comment

Working...

]]>