title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central
 
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: accurate rip cd with silent track

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    accurate rip cd with silent track

    Hi

    I have a cd where the 2nd last track is a 1 minute silent track before the final track.

    When I rip it I get an accurate rip with 15 matches for all tracks except for the silent track which gives a secure rip.

    I'm assuming because there is no music it can't be matched in accurate rip?

    I don't want to remove the silent track as I want to preserve the cd the way it was intended.

    I also don't want to rip the cd and have 11 accurate ripped tracks and 1 secure, so would the only option although not ideal be to turn off accurate rip and do a secure rip for the whole cd instead?

  2. #2
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,220

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Quote Originally Posted by pcalv View Post
    I also don't want to rip the cd and have 11 accurate ripped tracks and 1 secure
    Could you explain why this would be a problem. To me it seems to be the ideal solution.

  3. #3
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    38,380

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Silent tracks would not appear in AccurateRip

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Thanks for the feedback. As i suspected. I like to see all tracks on a cd ripped the same way so I'll just disable accurate rip temporarily to rip the cd securely.

  5. #5
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,101

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Quote Originally Posted by pcalv View Post
    I like to see all tracks on a cd ripped the same way so I'll just disable accurate rip temporarily to rip the cd securely.
    For me this doesn't make any sense at all because you substitute the best possible results with potential worse ones for for n-1 tracks.


    Dat Ei

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    48

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Yes I do understand that. I just like to see uniformity for all tracks when I do a rip. I would rather see in the log '12 tracks ripped securely' rather than '11 accurate 1 secure'.

  7. #7
    dBpoweramp Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    4,220

    Re: accurate rip cd with silent track

    Quote Originally Posted by pcalv View Post
    Yes I do understand that. I just like to see uniformity for all tracks when I do a rip. I would rather see in the log '12 tracks ripped securely' rather than '11 accurate 1 secure'.
    We all have our own areas of OCD.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •