title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

I recently upgraded to the most recent version of dbpoweramp and have noticed that when the app is closed and reopened, it loses the "Output To" that I had previously selected (in this case, "Existing Source Folder(s)", and is instead automatically defaulting to "Music\Source Path\Source Filename") How do I set the default folder to "Existing Source Folder( s)" so this persists as my preferred default?

Administrator

Re: How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

Something on your system is stopping dBpoweramp from writing to the registry path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

Perhaps anti virus, or Windows security setting.

I've checked the registry path and I'm not sure if I've got this straight, as the registry shows multiple entries for "dMCLastFolder-*", all of which derived from file paths on my pc or domain, implying that the app is writing to registry. dbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpg

Could this be an issue with having both dbpoweramp and dbpoweramvideo on my pc? I as because dMCLastFolder-3 and dMCLastFolder-4 are both video directories..dbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpgdbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpg

Administrator

The video converter writes to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerampVi deo

so will not be that. The actual output folder is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\d mccodec\[codec name]\DMCUserFolderStr

ok - so what needs to be changed on the screenshot above?

Administrator

You should not be editing these values manually, first check you do not have any security software which is limiting dBpoweramp.