title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

I recently upgraded to the most recent version of dbpoweramp and have noticed that when the app is closed and reopened, it loses the "Output To" that I had previously selected (in this case, "Existing Source Folder(s)", and is instead automatically defaulting to "Music\Source Path\Source Filename") How do I set the default folder to "Existing Source Folder( s)" so this persists as my preferred default?

Administrator

Re: How do I set the Default "Output To" so it persists

Something on your system is stopping dBpoweramp from writing to the registry path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

Perhaps anti virus, or Windows security setting.

I've checked the registry path and I'm not sure if I've got this straight, as the registry shows multiple entries for "dMCLastFolder-*", all of which derived from file paths on my pc or domain, implying that the app is writing to registry. dbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpg

Could this be an issue with having both dbpoweramp and dbpoweramvideo on my pc? I as because dMCLastFolder-3 and dMCLastFolder-4 are both video directories..dbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpgdbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpg

Administrator

The video converter writes to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpowerampVi deo

so will not be that. The actual output folder is stored in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\d mccodec\[codec name]\DMCUserFolderStr

ok - so what needs to be changed on the screenshot above?

Administrator

You should not be editing these values manually, first check you do not have any security software which is limiting dBpoweramp.

Spoon - please take a look at the screen shot and tell me which of the fields to edit:
    dbpoweramp registry screen shot.jpg

assuming this will be dMCLastFolder-0, but what value do I use for "put the converted files back into the same folder as the original files" ?? I currently keep all files to be converted in C:\rips but the folder that contains the files will vary in file-name... Whatever the equivalent to "Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename"

As a reminder, I never had to change this when I used the previous version (I'm on 16.6 now). There's nothing in Norton Security that should be hampering anything here.

Administrator

It is not those values, it is:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\d mccodec\[codec name]\DMCUserFolderStr

this is what I'm seeing and it's not aligning direct with what you're outlining - which value am I after? and what am I adding/changing it to?

dbpoweramp registry screen shot - codec.jpg

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dpinkis View Post
    this is what I'm seeing and it's not aligning direct with what you're outlining - which value am I after? and what am I adding/changing it to?

dbpoweramp registry screen shot - codec.jpg
    You are missing the DMCUserFolderStr registry value (see post no. 2 in this thread).

If you are comfortable editing the registry (I advise backing up the registry, before editing), you can add the new value with data (your preferred path e.g. C:\My folder).

However, this workaround does not solve the underlying issue of missing registry value(s).

I had the same problem as the OP. I couldn't get the program to remember my choice of "Existing Source Folders", but I could change the default parameters on the option which always comes up.

I selected "Edit Dynamic Naming" from the "Output To" dropdown, and on the next page selected "As Source Drive" for Base Location.

Then, under "Dynamic Naming", I used the "Examples" to choose "Preserve Source Path and Filename" and clicked OK.

Now it still defaults as before, but the parameters are set exactly as if I specified "Existing Source Folders". Hope that helps someone.

Administrator

Which version of dBpoweramp? on Windows?