title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kennovak
    • Jan 2019

Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

I just bought a 200-disc CD player to rip my CD collection automatically (that is, without manually switching CDs). Can dBpoweramp Reference rip the CDs without my intervention between discs? If so, are there any caveats, such as features not enabled in that mode, that I should be aware of?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

Originally posted by kennovak
    I just bought a 200-disc CD player to rip my CD collection automatically (that is, without manually switching CDs). Can dBpoweramp Reference rip the CDs without my intervention between discs? If so, are there any caveats, such as features not enabled in that mode, that I should be aware of?
    I suspect you'll need the batch ripper software. See:

Comment

• Esldude
      • Jan 2019

I just got a Nimbie so I can batch rip a lot of discs. A number of the discs have already been burned but they are not separate from unburned discs. Can amyone tell me how the batch ripper will handle this. Will it automatically bypass previous discs or write over them or it will it require manual input if it encounters a previously burned disc.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It would automatically overwrite them, assuming the ID tags match.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

but if in the end, you are combining old and new libraries, you can use PerfectTunes and the deduplication function to locate and batch delete duplication.

Comment

• kennovak
            • Jan 2019

Originally posted by garym
            I suspect you'll need the batch ripper software. See:
            https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

Just to be clear, my multi-disk CD player is not a computer peripheral like the Nimbie, but a traditional SONY player with RCA and SPDIF outputs, which I can connect to my computer with a Beringer UCA202 into a USB port. It seems the Batch ripper software requires a computer-controllable peripheral.

Alternatively, does PerfectTUNES have the ability to recognize individual tracks from a long WAV file, or does it require the metadata obtained when a disc is inserted in a peripheral drive?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

dBpoweramp cannot help you here.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by kennovak
                Just to be clear, my multi-disk CD player is not a computer peripheral like the Nimbie, but a traditional SONY player with RCA and SPDIF outputs, which I can connect to my computer with a Beringer UCA202 into a USB port. It seems the Batch ripper software requires a computer-controllable peripheral.

Alternatively, does PerfectTUNES have the ability to recognize individual tracks from a long WAV file, or does it require the metadata obtained when a disc is inserted in a peripheral drive?
                Batch ripper and perfecttunes will not work with your situation.

Comment

• kennovak
                  • Jan 2019

Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>