title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

I just bought a 200-disc CD player to rip my CD collection automatically (that is, without manually switching CDs). Can dBpoweramp Reference rip the CDs without my intervention between discs? If so, are there any caveats, such as features not enabled in that mode, that I should be aware of?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Does dBpoweramp Reference rip multiple CDs sequentially?

Quote Originally Posted by kennovak View Post
    I just bought a 200-disc CD player to rip my CD collection automatically (that is, without manually switching CDs). Can dBpoweramp Reference rip the CDs without my intervention between discs? If so, are there any caveats, such as features not enabled in that mode, that I should be aware of?
    I suspect you'll need the batch ripper software. See:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

I just got a Nimbie so I can batch rip a lot of discs. A number of the discs have already been burned but they are not separate from unburned discs. Can amyone tell me how the batch ripper will handle this. Will it automatically bypass previous discs or write over them or it will it require manual input if it encounters a previously burned disc.

Administrator

It would automatically overwrite them, assuming the ID tags match.

dBpoweramp Guru

but if in the end, you are combining old and new libraries, you can use PerfectTunes and the deduplication function to locate and batch delete duplication.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I suspect you'll need the batch ripper software. See:
    https://www.dbpoweramp.com/batch-ripper.htm

Just to be clear, my multi-disk CD player is not a computer peripheral like the Nimbie, but a traditional SONY player with RCA and SPDIF outputs, which I can connect to my computer with a Beringer UCA202 into a USB port. It seems the Batch ripper software requires a computer-controllable peripheral.

Alternatively, does PerfectTUNES have the ability to recognize individual tracks from a long WAV file, or does it require the metadata obtained when a disc is inserted in a peripheral drive?

Administrator

dBpoweramp cannot help you here.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kennovak View Post
    Just to be clear, my multi-disk CD player is not a computer peripheral like the Nimbie, but a traditional SONY player with RCA and SPDIF outputs, which I can connect to my computer with a Beringer UCA202 into a USB port. It seems the Batch ripper software requires a computer-controllable peripheral.

Alternatively, does PerfectTUNES have the ability to recognize individual tracks from a long WAV file, or does it require the metadata obtained when a disc is inserted in a peripheral drive?
    Batch ripper and perfecttunes will not work with your situation.

Thank you.