title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Logitech transporter and Asset Upnp

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flac_head
    • Jan 2019

Logitech transporter and Asset Upnp

Hi everyone, i would like to ask help from this forum. I am planning to buy a used Logitech Transporter 2nd Edition. I would like to know if it works with Asset Upnp. Thank you.
  • timster67
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • May 2014

Re: Logitech transporter and Asset Upnp

If the transporter is just a player then if it's UPnP compatible, then it will play them from whatever Asset is running on. IOW, Asset runs on a server (PC/Mac/Nas), not the player.

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by flac_head
      Hi everyone, i would like to ask help from this forum. I am planning to buy a used Logitech Transporter 2nd Edition. I would like to know if it works with Asset Upnp. Thank you.
      not directly. (I have two transporters). You'll need to run LMS (Logitech Media Server), again, that's what I use as well, and have for 13 years. It will run on many different platforms (windows, Mac, Linux) and serves as your music library server. People have written LMS plugins that will allow LMS to feed upnp devices, etc. But that's the opposite direction you seek. My key advice is to join the slimdevices forum. Lot's of very knowledgeable users and a very active forum for assistance. LMS is free and mostly open source these days. Have fun. Links below.

Download Lyrion Music Server / Logitech Media Server to feed music to your Squeezebox, Squeezelite based players or SqueezePlay and compatible software packages. Free the Music!

(note, ver 7.9.2 is very stable version)

more info here:

Comment

• flac_head
        • Jan 2019

big thanks Gary.

Comment

Working...

]]>