title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Difficulty ripping CD to External Hard Drive

Difficulty ripping CD to External Hard Drive

Hello,
    Please help. I am trying to rip a CD to my external hard drive, a QNAP with twonkymedia. When I try to set the path it does not recognize that this device is on the network. However, when I access my settings on this PC, the devices are clearly visible and recognized.
    Thank you,
    Sempre

Administrator

Re: Difficulty ripping CD to External Hard Drive

Use Windows File Explorer and right click on the network share for the QNAP >> Map Network drive, choose a letter and check the box to remember the map.

Then in CD Ripper choose the new drive which has appeared.

Thank you for your response, however, I am not able to find the 'network share' for my QNAP. The File Explorer simply shows each of the devices. Right clicking on the QNAP does not provide an ability to Map Network drive. Please help. Perhaps I am not looking in the correct location. Why would this happen? It has not happened in the past.

Administrator

If the QNAP does not show under Windows File Explorer network section, then it possibly is not setup for network sharing. Until Windows can see it, dBpoweramp will not be able to see it.

Of course it is set up for Network sharing. I have ripped many, many CD's in the past to my External Hard Drive and cannot understand the current problem. When I try to set the intended location nothing happens except it indicates to store it on my PC computer.

dBpoweramp Guru

Try to assign a drive letter to your Network share.

Dat Ei