title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with FLAC streaming if DBpoweramp is installed

Problem with FLAC streaming if DBpoweramp is installed

I have a Pioneer vsx-824 receiver and under Windows 10 64bit I was able to send mp3/wav and flac-files with WMPDMC.exe (by rightclicking on a flac-file and choose 'play on device' (I hope that's the correct English translation of the name on my Windows) to the receiver which would play the flac files.

After installing DBpoweramp, I can't stream the flac-files anymore. MP3- and wav-files play without a problem but with flac-files it tries to make connection to the receiver but it never starts.
    After uninstalling DBpoweramp I can stream flac-files again. I have this with v16.5 and v16.6. I have not tried earlier versions of DBpoweramp.
    I have tried this on 2 pc's and both can't stream flac-files when DBpoweramp is installed.

What can I do to get flac-streaming working and have DBpoweramp installed at the same time?

Administrator

Re: Problem with FLAC streaming if DBpoweramp is installed

Try disabling the thumbnail and property handler in Advanced Setting (dBpoweramp control centre)

Thumbs up Re: Problem with FLAC streaming if DBpoweramp is installed

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try disabling the thumbnail and property handler in Advanced Setting (dBpoweramp control centre)
    Thanks! It works again!

Can you explain why mp3 and wav-files could stream, but flac-files not?

Administrator

Re: Problem with FLAC streaming if DBpoweramp is installed

Microsofts streamer must be requiring a special attribute for FLAC which they themselves supply.