title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Nimbie stopped operating

Nimbie stopped operating

Nimbie worked well with dbpoweramp batch ripper until I moved it to a new computer with Windows 10. Although, dbpoweramp batch ripper appears to recognize that the Nimbie USB Plus is attached, it can not operate the unit. Plus I have to use the task master to shut the program down. I have tried down loading and reinstalling the software multiple times.
    Please help

Administrator

Re: Nimbie stopped operating

Fist you have to check the nimbie appears in device manager, not just the drive part but the autoloader.

Then you install the Batch Ripper nimbie driver, and on the configuration page test load and unload.

not recognizing nimbie

Nimbie driver and autoloader listed in devise manager. Re-dowmloaded Nimbie batch ripper driver, but when I run load/unload tests nimbie not located.
    Please help

Administrator

Re: not recognizing nimbie

Try nimbies own software, see if that can control the robot.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Try nimbies own software, see if that can control the robot.
    re-installed nimbie software from installation disc and from acronova site without success.
    Do you have any other possible solution?

Administrator

First you have to get the system working without any dbpoweramp software, only using acronovas software, until then dBpoweramp has no chance.

Hi, i just purchased a nimbie plus, and am having issues configuring it with db poweramp batch ripper. I can control the load / unload mechanism via qqtray (downloaded from the acronova site), but when i configure the drive in batch ripper, testing load or unload etc just make the application go to a 'not responding' state.

any help would be much appreciated!

Administrator

QQTray cannot be running as it takes over the drive and loader.

I have a related problem.

I've been successfully using dBpoweramp Batch Ripper with the Nimbie USB plus for a few years, first on a Windows 7 computer and then on a Windows 10 (ver. 1903) PC. Recently, I have been trying to move to a new computer with Windows 10, ver. 1909, build 18363.535, with no success. I have new installs of Reference and the Batch Ripper. The computer does not recognize the TEAC DV-W5600S drive in the Nimbie, and the Batch Ripper does not show this drive as an available drive. The drive also does not appear in the computer's Device Manager or Disk Management. However, the Nimbie does appear in the Device Manager under Other devices as "NT21" with a yellow yield sign with an exclamation point, which upon double clicking shows the following information in the General Tab:
    In the Device status box: The drivers for this device are not installed (Code 28). There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.
    Further, no drivers for the TEAC or the Nimbie can be found on the computer, even after running the Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6 file downloaded from the Batch Ripper web page.

The internal DVDRW driver of the computer does show up on the Batch Ripper UI and can be used with the dBpoweramp CD ripper software.

If I connect the Nimbie to my old computer, which I don't plan to retain, the Batch Ripper and other dBpoweramp Batch ripper software runs fine as it always has.

Can anyone provide some guidance on how to diagnose and solve my problem?

Thanks.

Administrator

You have to install the nimbie drivers from the nimbie site.