title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Accepted duplicate files still showing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Accepted duplicate files still showing

I have been working my way through an external hard drive with about 30000 music and music video tracks on it. All the duplicates show up and I have deleted duplicate music or video files as necessary, and in some cases kept duplicate files that De-Dup has shown as duplicates, but that I want to keep both versions of, which I have done by clicking the X in the top right hand corner. Problem is that when I later come back to the disc to continue the process, a fair number of the files I have hidden as being acceptable duplicates show up again in the list, it's not all of them that I have hidden, but does seem to be the same ones that keep reappearing no matter how many times I hide them by clicking on the X. Have latest version on the laptop, although did originally have the earlier version of perfect tunes, but did re-index the drive when I upgraded. Any ideas how I can overcome this issue

Administrator

Re: Accepted duplicate files still showing

It is likely if you remove the external HDD then perfecttunes will think the audio is gone and remove from database, including your exclusion.

But it happens if I leave the drive connected, the laptop powered up and just exit the program and come back into it - then some of the hidden accepted duplicates return to the list of duplicate files, usually it's the same files that keep reappearing. Its the only drive that I have any music indexed on, don't ever use the program unless the drive is connected as I'm working my way through the music/videos on that drive, it's the only place I have music stored. Once I finished each batch I shut the program down, before I disconnect the drive. Very frustrating as the more I work my way through the drive the more files there are that I have to go through and remove from the list at the start of each batch. It seems to have stored the index of files as it only does a quick looking for duplicates when it first starts rather than taking a couple of hours to create the initial index.

Administrator

You are able to repeat removing just one entry, restart and it is back again?

yes - some files just become hidden if I choose to keep click the X and some files just keep reappearing no matter how many times I click on the X to hide them, even if I launch the program and just click the X on the first file (which will always be one of the repeated deleted files), shut program down, then restart it and that first file that had been hidden will reappear as the first file again

Administrator

If you type into explorer:

%appdata%\PerfectTUNES

if you zip up that folder, but exclude the files:

AlbumArts.bin
    InfPropsNTags.bin
    Undo-Art.bin
    Undo-ExternalArt.bin

How big is the final zipped up file?