title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: id3 tag lost

Unregistered

id3 tag lost

I have some mp3's that I downloaded which have the id tagging that I want to burn to a regular cd (not mp3). They get converted fine but when I burn them to a cd the id's are lost. I have the box checked for "preserve id tags" but they don't end up on the new disk. I have the latest version 10.1 and the powerpack trial installed. Am I doing something wrong?

Re: id3 tag lost

Which version id tags do they contain and how have you got dMC configured as regards id tags?

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne
    Which version id tags do they contain and how have you got dMC configured as regards id tags?
    The songs have version 1.1 and 2.3 id3's. I have the default config on dMC (smart v1 & v2) and I have the box checked for "professional frequency conversion". I have not tried the dMC with professionally produced cds so I don't know how it works with those.

If I understand you correctly you are creating an audio CD from MP3s. At the moment dBpowerAMP CD Writer doesn't support CT-Text. I have read somewhere that CD-Text is only possible with disk-at-once burning which dCW doesn't allow, hence the 2 second gap between tracks.

Wayne

Unregistered

ok. Well I appreciate your help.

If you are looking for a free cd burner, which supports CD-Text and disk-at-once, you could try DeepBurner.