title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dMC works fine, until I enable AccurateRip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • totalXSive
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Apr 2002

dMC works fine, until I enable AccurateRip

Been using dMC with almost no problems on a 4-month old Toshiba laptop until today when I finally got hold of 3 key discs that worked (I tried 5 key discs - one came with a different offset [Sonique - Hear My Cry] and one failed to calculate an offset [Daft Punk - Discovery]). After enabling Accurate Rip, the first and last tracks on several CDs that I tried would not rip - I'd get a CODEC Decompression Error.

Reset the offset and I'm fine again, but obviously AccurateRip is then disabled.

The only other issue I've had with this, which is possibly related, is that FreeDB rejects any submissions from this drive. Other drives on other machines have none of these problems.

The drive is a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-C2612 . I did a Google search for the offset for that drive and matches the offset that the 3 key discs that did work gave (one was the MCM Electronics test CD, one was "Something" by Lasgo and I think the other was a Top of the Pops CD). Is this a faulty drive, faulty driver or software bug?

Also, if I use dMC Audio input to play a CD with AccurateRip on and the track is one of those that it refuses to rip, the app crashes.

By the way, sorry I haven't been around much lately - been busy with my university degree.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: dMC works fine, until I enable AccurateRip

Good to see you again.

It will be the drive, it is unable to read outside the start and stop of the disc, and this is needed for the offset to work - ie for a minus offset dMC has to rip from 1 sector before track 1 starts, some drives fail doing this (I have an aopen that cannot read outside, but it just returns an error which the program can handle). What is the offset?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• totalXSive
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

Sorry for taking time to get back to you.

The offset is -472, or -1888 bytes. The same values are given on this page for the drive.

Also, if I do a test rip, the last track on a CD will not rip accurately - it'll say it didn't exist in the AccurateRip database.
      Last edited by totalXSive; 03-03-2004, 06:49 AM. Reason: More info

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The all last and first tracks were removed from the database a while back, saying that a disc could appear in the database but only 1 track off the disc (because the guy who was ripping only ripped 1 track from the cd).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>