title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Special Event Soundtrack CDs

Special Event Soundtrack CDs

Here’s a question that I thought might find an answer in this forum.

I have a few of what I’ll call “Special Event Soundtrack CDs.” They are commercially produced discs and fully licensed, but my licensed dBpoweramp CD Ripper and even iTunes doesn’t find any metadata for the album or tracks. The soundtrack to the Paramount Studio series “Yellowstone” is one I’ll use as an example. I use Roon as a music server/player I can probably edit the information in Roon manually, but I’m just wondering if there’s a workaround that might be quicker, and/or more accurate than manually entering the information??

FYI, I have licensed the OSX version of dBpoweramp.

Thanks, in advance, for the feedback.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Special Event Soundtrack CDs

If not in any of the databases (likely) you'll have to manually enter the data when you rip. But afterwards, you can click on green icon at top (options), then click "ACTIVE PROVIDERS", then "submit changes too" freedb. Doesn't help you but does help others that might rip that disk in the future.

edit: and this is a case where I'd want to edit the tags directly to contain correct information, not simply the roon database information (that may or may not stay with the file if used in a different server).

And, by editing the tags directly, do you mean editing them in CD Ripper versus Roon?

Also, in a post somewhere I read that submitting data to freedb is a feature that's only available in the Windows version of dBpoweramp?? Is that still the case?

Thank you very much for the reply.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by yourpalfranc View Post
    And, by editing the tags directly, do you mean editing them in CD Ripper versus Roon?

Also, in a post somewhere I read that submitting data to freedb is a feature that's only available in the Windows version of dBpoweramp?? Is that still the case?

Thank you very much for the reply.
    In CD ripper or dbpa or other tag editor. Not in the Roon database. I use only windows so don't know if on Mac version.