title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Using .m3u playlists created by Foobar2000 on Windows in Asset on QNAP

Using .m3u playlists created by Foobar2000 on Windows in Asset on QNAP

HI, I've recently purchased Premium having been running the free version for a few months. I have a QNAP NAS and Asset can see my music collection without issue.

The problem is my playlists, again Asset can see them but isn't able to play them. The playlist files are created by Foobar2000 and saved in the .m3u format on my NAS, an example looks like the below

M:\not-itunes\Al Green - Lay It Down [2008]\Al Green - Lay It Down - 01 - Lay It Down.mp3
    M:\not-itunes\Al Green - Lay It Down [2008]\Al Green - Lay It Down - 04 - No One Like You.mp3
    M:\not-itunes\Al Green - Lay It Down [2008]\Al Green - Lay It Down - 06 - Take Your Time.mp3
    M:\not-itunes\Alicia Keys - Songs in A minor\03 - How Come You Don't Call Me.mp3
    M:\not-itunes\Alicia Keys - Songs in A minor\04 - Fallin'.mp3
    M:\not-itunes\Alicia Keys - Songs in A minor\05 - Troubles.mp3

Clearly these are formatted for Windows with the M: indicating the mapped drive letter and the backslashes instead of forward slashes.

Is there anyway to get Asset to play these playlist files? Interestingly enough when I copy these same .m3u files over to my Android phone (which has a copy of my music collection from my QNAP NAS), PowerAmp is able to play them no problems, despite the phone clearly not having a drive mapped M!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Re: Using .m3u playlists created by Foobar2000 on Windows in Asset on QNAP

Incidentally, the below format does work but I was wondering whether there was an easier way than doing a find/replace and having to retain two copies of playlist files ..

/share/Music/not-itunes/Various/Junichi Kamiyama - 01-05- Falling Love.mp3
    /share/Music/not-itunes/Best Of Chicane/18 Early.mp3

Administrator

Re: Using .m3u playlists created by Foobar2000 on Windows in Asset on QNAP

M:\ is not a valid path on the NAS, because that is how the computer sees the nas share. Only /share/ is correct.