title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Any way to reassign track numbering manually when ripping?

Any way to reassign track numbering manually when ripping?

So I have a CD someone made me awhile back, and, while all the tracks from the original studio album are present, they're scrambled-up and not in the right order (ie track 1. is in track 5.'s position, track 2. is in track 11.'s position, etc). Also there are 4 tracks that don't even belong on this particular studio album that are mixed-in ("Filler" tracks my Friend inserted in random positions).

In CD Ripper I can seemingly manually change the track numbering, but as soon as I hit "Rip", they revert back to original. Any way to keep my reassigned track numbering scheme the way I want it? Also, I want to remove the 4 odd-ball tracks that don't belong from the numbering sequence (I know I can de-select them and they won't rip, but their numbering placement is still present and influencing the overall numbering of all the other tracks that I DO select to rip).

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Any way to reassign track numbering manually when ripping?

I would rip the complete CD, then delete the 4 extra tracks and renumber the tracks with "Edit ID-Tag" or mp3tag manually.

Dat Ei

Re: Any way to reassign track numbering manually when ripping?

Thanks Dat Ei for the clear response.

Kinda figured.

Too bad it can't be manipulated on the front-end. I'll fix post-rip w/ ID Tags as you suggest. Thanks again=)